We believe test preparation is a critical opportunity to hone core academic skills. We develop meaningful relationships with our students, families, and school partnerships. We strive to grow with our students through effort, reflection, and connection.
Congratulations to Ivan Zaytsev: a Mindspire student--and one of the .076% of test takers to earn a perfect 36!
Fall Special: 5-point guaranteed increase on the ACT!
Now's the time to start improving your ACT score!
Our experience shows that students who start test prep earlier in their junior year end up with higher scores. To help you get started, we're offering a unique tutoring package:
18 Hours of Private ACT Tutoring for $1995 with a guaranteed score increase of 5 points -- that's a whole new tier of colleges with open doors and scholarships.
We don't think you'll find a better deal anywhere. Our proven experience, evidence-based pedagogy, and superb tutors allow us to offer this deal with absolute confidence.
Here are the details:
- If you've never taken the ACT, come in and take a baseline test. If you've already taken an official ACT (or a mock with us), we can use that as your baseline.
- Meet once a week for an 85 minute session, for 12 weeks, for a total of 18 hours.
- Do all of your homework, about 3.5 hours per week.
- Take the February or March ACT.
- If your score doesn't go up 5 points, we'll work with you once a week until the April ACT -- as long as you continue doing your HW. If the 5-point improvement doesn't happen by April, we'll try again for June at no additional cost.
We can meet you in any of our three locations: Durham, North Raleigh, or Cary. We can also meet in your home (extra 10% fee) or on Skype (10% discount).
Mock tests are an integral aspect of comprehensive test preparation. With class enrollment or private tutoring, take them free in our Durham or Raleigh locations as many times as you want. Otherwise, cost is $40 per test. All mock tests include a detailed score report pinpointing your strengths and weaknesses.
We offer structured, small-group classes for the SAT and ACT. Class sizes are small--each is capped at 9 students. Our 18-hour SAT and ACT courses cover all aspects of the test in depth, and also include 4 simulated tests with detailed score analysis. Our teachers are highly experienced test-prep experts who love connecting with their students and helping them achieve their best. Classes are held in our Durham, Raleigh, and North Raleigh locations, though we can also host a custom class at your school or organization (call us for more information). See our schedule of classes here.
Target Score Calculator
Want to find out where you stand in relation to the median score range of students accepted to the schools you're considering? Use this calculator to learn more!
Your baseline ACT score:
Enter the college to which you’d like to be admitted
The most effective and flexible method of test preparation. Fully customized sessions, targeting exactly what you need, using the most powerful teaching methods anywhere. We'll match you with the perfect tutor. Available in Durham, Raleigh, or on Skype -- anywhere in the world.
We are very confident in our process. Private tutoring packages of 9, 12, 15, or 18 hours all come with guaranteed score increases of 2-5 points on the ACT, or 150-250 points on the SAT, depending on number of hours and the experience level of your tutor.
Competition Prep Classes
Challenging academic competitions teach students valuable academic and life skills that are hard to replicate in a classroom setting, such as planning and setting long-term goals, creative problem-solving with real-world tasks, and effectively communicating complex ideas. Project-based competitions encourage students to dive deeply into a subject they are passionate about, and Mindspire is excited to offer classes to help students prepare for such competitions.
Free Q&A Sessions
"Should Juniors Take the New SAT"
- Shahar Link, founder of Mindspire Tutoring and Test Prep, will discuss what's new about the New SAT, experiences we've already had tutoring the New SAT, comparison to the ACT, who might want to take the New SAT, how to best prepare for the new exam and any questions you might have on anything related to test preparation.
- When: Tuesday, 12/8, at 7:00 pm
Where: the Durham office, 3622 Lyckan Pkwy, 27707
Open to parents and high school students.
Please register here
"How to Build a Great College List"
- Allie Mendelsohn will discuss this critical step in the college application process.
- The single most important step in the application process is building a strong and balanced college list. With over three thousand colleges in this country, it can be overwhelming to try and figure out which ones should be included. There are dozens of factors to consider and millions of sources of information. How can you figure out which colleges will offer you a good academic, personal, and social fit? In this talk we will discuss the steps you can take to make sure your list has the colleges that best fit your goals and needs.